YVR Art Foundation offers Aspiring Artist Awards to British Columbia and Yukon Indigenous youth between the ages of 15 and 20 who reside in BC or the Yukon. Aspiring Artist Awards are $500 each and are awarded on an annual basis to youth to support their self-directed work in the visual arts.
Up to ten Aspiring Artist Awards will be awarded in 2020 and all applicants will receive notification of the results by May 2020. Award recipients will be required to submit a short report that outlines the use of the award monies.
Who May Apply
To be eligible for a YVR Art Foundation Aspiring Artist Award, applicants must:
● Be of BC or Yukon First Nations ancestry*
● Reside in BC or the Yukon
● Be between the ages of 15 and 20 in 2020 (born between 2000 and 2005)
● Create visual art that reflects BC or Yukon First Nations art and culture
● Provide up to five images of your artwork with your application
*If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, including your First Nations ancestry, please contact the Program Coordinator by email email@example.com or by phone at 604.276.6261.
Note: an Aspiring Artist Award can be awarded to an individual only once. Past YVR Art Foundation award, scholarship and grant recipients are not eligible for the Aspiring Artist Award.
This award is to support the recipient’s self-directed work in the visual arts.
Some examples include (but are not limited to) supporting the production of artwork or expanding your skill set by purchasing materials, attending a workshop or other training.
How to Apply
1. Fill our your online application form here: ONLINE APPLICATION
2. Download a pdf copy of the Application Guidelines and Application Forms, complete it and mail/courier it to the address listed on the application. See below for instructions on how to mail or deliver your application.
Questions and inquiries:
If you have any questions or inquiries about the Aspiring Artist Award or the application process, please contact the YVR Art Foundation, by phone at 604.276.6261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also encourage you to review the FAQs page of our website.