Applications are now OPEN for the 2019 Aspiring Artist Awards.
The YVR Art Foundation offers Aspiring Artist Awards to British Columbia and Yukon First Nations youth between the ages of 15 and 20 and who reside in BC or the Yukon.
The Aspiring Artist Awards are awarded on an annual basis to aspiring artists who wish to explore their artistic potential by creating visual art that reflects BC or Yukon First Nations culture.
Who May Apply
To be eligible for a YVR Art Foundation Aspiring Artist Award, applicants must:
- Be of BC or Yukon First Nations ancestry*
- Reside in BC or the Yukon
- Be between the ages of 15 and 20 (year of birth between 1999 and 2004) in 2019
- Provide images of their artwork that show artistic potential and reflect BC and Yukon First Nations culture
* If you have any questions about your First Nations eligibility, please contact the Program and Administrative Coordinator at email@example.com or by phone at 604.276.6261.
This award is to support the recipient's self-directed work in the visual arts.
- Up to ten Aspiring Artist Awards of $500 each will be awarded in 2019
- All applicants will receive notification of the 2019 Aspiring Artist Awards results by May 2019
- Award recipients will be required to submit a short report outlining the use of the award monies within six months of receiving the award
Note: an Aspiring Artist Award can be awarded to an individual only once. Past YVRAF award, scholarship, and grant recipients are not eligible for the Aspiring Artist Awards.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Review the Application Guidelines Document to confirm your eligibility and further program details.
2. Fill out the Online Application Form or download a pdf of the Application Form, complete it and mail or deliver/courier it to the YVR Art Foundation address listed in the Application Guidelines Document.
If you have any questions please contact:
YVR Art Foundation
Email: Click here for email
Applications must be received by 4:00pm on April 18, 2019.